Create this tea time classic at home! Roll out a fresh dough, fill in your likings and fry crisp! Serve with mint and tamarind chutney and savour!
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Samosas
- 2 cups refined flour-sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Cold water to knead
- Filling of your choice (keema, potatoes etc)
- Oil for deep frying
How to Make SamosasHideShow Media
1. Mix the refined flour, salt and oil. Add water and knead into a firm but pliable dough.
2. Make into 8-10 smooth balls. Roll into thin rounds, about 15cm/6" in diameter, and cut into halves.
3. Take one half, wet the edges, and fold the straight edge at the center to bring the two halves together, overlapping a bit to form into a triangular case.
4. Press the overlapping portion, and fill the case with the filling, leaving a margin of 1cm/ 1/2 inch all around.
5. Press the edges together to seal the samosas.
6. Fill all the pieces in the same manner, keeping them covered with a damp cloth.
7. Heat oil till a piece of dough thrown in, comes up immediately.
8. Add as many samosas as come in without touching each other.
9. Lower the heat to medium. Fry to a golden brown on either side. Serve hot, with a chutney.