Story ProgressBack to home
Singhare Atte ki Barfi Recipe
A Navratri special sweet made with singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour), khoya and green cardamoms.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
Ingredients of Singhare Atte ki Barfi
- 1/2 cup singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour)
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup khoya
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp green cardamom - powdered
How to Make Singhare Atte ki BarfiHideShow Media
1. Stir-fry the atta in the ghee over low flame, till the atta darkens a bit, and taking care not to
scorch the flour.
2. Then transfer immediately to another vessel and stir-fry the khoya in this vessel till it becomes of uniform consistency and looks a bit fried.
3. Mix the atta and the cardamom and leave to cool.
4. Dissolve sugar into the water over low flame, when dissolved, increase the flame and bring to a boil, letting the syrup cook till thick.
5. Remove pan from flame and mix immediately into the cooled khoya mixture, stirring vigorously and quickly, to blend well.
6. Transfer onto the greased plate, pat to level and leave to cool.
7. When cool and set, cut into pieces, using a sharp knife. Arrange on a serving dish and serve.