Story ProgressBack to home
Smoked Eggplant Mash with Toasted Croute Recipe
Bask your senses with the smokiness of the eggplant. Enjoy the crunchy bread with a blast of flavors that includes the spicy aromas of ginger and garlic.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Smoked Eggplant Mash with Toasted Croute
- 250 gm brinjal
- 2 Tbsp of canola oil
- 1 Tbsp of ginger, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of garlic chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 sprig coriander, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 lime/lemon (juice)
- 3-4 toasted bread strips (multi-grain)
How to Make Smoked Eggplant Mash with Toasted CrouteHideShow Media
1. Pre-heat oven to 250 °C. Wash brinjal and wipe dry. Place on roasting tray and roast for 20 minutes or until brinjal gets soft inside and crispier outside.
2. Let brinjal cool and peel. Place in large baking dish with cover.
3. In small bowl, place burning charcoal. Put charcoal in baking dish with eggplant and cover to smoke brinjal for 5 minutes.
4. Remove charcoal and add all other ingredients except toasted bread strips. Toss to combine and check for seasoning.
5. To serve, spread brinjal mixture on toast bread strips.