Sri Lankan Cashew and Green Peas Curry (Kaju Maluwa) Recipe
Cashew is an integral part of Sri Lankan cuisine. This delectable curry is made with sweet green peas, mild spices and creamy cashew paste.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Sri Lankan Cashew and Green Peas Curry (Kaju Maluwa)
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil or ghee
- I medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 150 gm cashews
- A few sprigs pandanus leaves, optional
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup green peas
- A few sprigs curry leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
How to Make Sri Lankan Cashew and Green Peas Curry (Kaju Maluwa)HideShow Media
1. Soak the cashews for an hour. You can boil them for a few minutes in case you forget to soak them.
2. Fry the onions and add the curry leaves and the spices. Once the onions start to brown, add the cashew and 2 cups of water; cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Add green peas and the coconut milk; keep stirring on a medium to high flame until the sauce has thickened.
4. Try this with steamed rice or string hoppers (idiyappam).