How to make Steamed Asparagus with Potato and Leek Sauce
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Steamed Asparagus with Potato and Leek Sauce Recipe: Steamed yellow squash, zucchini, green beans and asparagus batons served in a pool of potato and leek sauce.
Ingredients of Steamed Asparagus with Potato and Leek Sauce
- 6-8 Asparagus spears
- 100 Gram Green beans (top and tailed)
- 1/2 Zucchini
- 1 stem Leek
- 3 Potatoes
- 1/2 Yellow squash
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- knob Small Butter
- 1 clove Garlic, sliced
- Few Thyme leaves
- 10 Gram Bell pepper, chopped
How to Make Steamed Asparagus with Potato and Leek Sauce
- 1.Cut the zucchini and yellow squash into thin batons.
- 2.Top and tail the green beans.
- 3.Cut the bottoms of the asparagus as they are woody.
- Prepare the vegetables:
- 1.Place a steamer tray into a pot of simmering water.
- 2.Add a sprig of rosemary and thyme into the water.
- 3.Place the yellow squash, zucchini, green beans and asparagus in the steamer.
- 4.Remove from boiling water and shock in iced water to retain colour.
- Prepare the Sauce:
- 1.Cut the leeks and potatoes into small cubes.
- 2.In a sauce pan add extra virgin olive oil, butter, add the leeks, the potatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- 3.Chop one clove of garlic and add to the sauteing vegetables.
- 4.Add the chopped roasted red bell pepper to the sauteing vegetables.
- 5.Add a few leaves of thyme and lightly saute the vegetables.
- 6.Blend the vegetables to a smooth sauce.
- 7.Slice a zucchini into circles and make a ring using a cutter.
- 8.Make a bunch of the steamed veggies and put it inside the zucchini ring.
- 9.To plate- Put the veggie ring in a pool of the sauce.
- 10.Garnish with chilli flavoured oil, balsamic oil, olive oil and chives.
Asparagus spears, Green beans (top and tailed), Zucchini
, Yellow squash, Extra virgin olive oil, Butter
, Thyme leaves, Bell pepper