How To Make Strawberry Shortbread Heart Cookies
About Strawberry Shortbread Heart Cookies Recipe: Giving one the option of infusing these buttery, melt-in-the-mouth eggless cookies with either colourful sprinkles, dried cranberries or pink chocolate bits, the recipe is rather an easy one for you to whip up in your own kitchen.
Ingredients of Strawberry Shortbread Heart Cookies
- 227 gms unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sprinkles or cranberries or pink chocolate bits
- For decorating:
- Melted pink chocolate
How to Make Strawberry Shortbread Heart Cookies
- 1.Mix the butter and icing sugar, add in good quality vanilla extract. Sift the flour and salt together.
- 2.Add in the flour mixture to the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract mixture. When it's almost 3/4 incorporated, put in the filling of your choice eg. cranberries, pink sprinkles, pick chocolate etc.
- 3.Give it one last mix till just incorporated.
- 4.Roll it out into half an inch thickness. Cut with a heart shaped cutter. Put it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- 5.Bake in a 180°C oven for 12-15 minutes till it is just lightly brown at the edges.
- 6.Decorate and glaze as per desired with melted pink chocolate and sprinkles.
Key Ingredients: unsalted butter (at room temperature), icing sugar, pure vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, salt, sprinkles or cranberries or pink chocolate bits, For decorating:, Melted pink chocolate, Sprinkles