How To Make Sweet And Sour Steamed Chicken
About Sweet And Sour Steamed Chicken Recipe:Indulge in a tangy, healthy and delicious meal of steamed chicken, brimming with the goodness of okra and tantalising plum sauce.
Ingredients of Sweet And Sour Steamed Chicken
- For steamed chicken & okra:
- 200 gms Lean chicken breast
- 50 gms okra
- 15 gms salt
- 2 gram black pepper
- 10 gms ginger slice
- For Sweet n sour sauce:
- 140 ml water
- 30 gms tomato ketchup
- 20 gms plum sauce
- 20 gms sugar
- 40 ml white vinegar
- 5 gram corn starch
- for garnishing garlic flakes, fried
How to Make Sweet And Sour Steamed Chicken
- 1.Marinate the chicken breast with salt and black pepper.
- 2.Put this chicken breast in steamer with ginger slice placed underneath and let it cook for 6-7 minutes.
- 3.Meanwhile in a pan prepare sweet n sour by mixing all the ingredients and letting it boil.
- 4.Thicken the sauce with corn starch slurry.
- 5.In a pan boil some water add remaining salt and okra (without cutting the edges) and let it cook.
- 6.Remove and cut the edges (to ensure that okra doesn’t leaves starch and turns sticky).
- 7.On a plate Place the chicken breast, place boiled Okra on top and pour sauce on top of it.
- 8.Serve with fried garlic flakes on top.
Key Ingredients: Lean chicken breast, okra, salt, black pepper, ginger slice, water, tomato ketchup, plum sauce, sugar, white vinegar, corn starch, garlic flakes