How to make Sweet Potato Tots with Creamy Ketchup
About Sweet Potato Tots with Creamy Ketchup Recipe: An easy , simple snack recipe that you can prepare at home in the festive season! Sweet potato mashed with flour, egg and spices and fried to perfection. Served with a homemade, tangy tomato ketchup, you can prepare this as a snack for a dinner party.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Tots with Creamy Ketchup
- 1 Large sweet potato, peeled
- 1 egg
- 30 gms all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups oil
- For creamy ketchup:
- 58 gms plain greek yogurt
- 60 gms ketchup
How to Make Sweet Potato Tots with Creamy Ketchup
- For the tots:
- 1.Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the whole sweet potato and cook for about 15 minutes. You want it to be slightly softened, but not easily mashed - you will need to be able to grate it. Drain and let it sit until cool enough to handle, and then grate with a cheese grater.
- 2.Combine the shredded potato and egg in a medium bowl and use a fork to combine. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika and garlic powder. Add the flour mixture to the potato and stir to combine.
- 3.Pour the oil into a deep fryer or in to a heavy pot. Heat the oil until it is 375ºF. Place a few sheets of paper towels on a plate to drain the tots when they are done cooking.
- 4.Form the potato mixture into 1-inch balls** and add to the hot oil, being careful not to overcrowd the pot. (It will take you several batches to cook all of the potato mixture.) Fry for 3 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on the paper-towel lined plate. Repeat with the remaining batter, allowing the oil to come back to temperature between batches.
- For the sauce:
- 1.In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and the ketchup.
- 2.Serve with the hot tots.
Key Ingredients: sweet potato, egg, all-purpose flour, sea salt, paprika, garlic powder, oil, plain greek yogurt, ketchup