How To Make Tandoori Momos
About Tandoori Momos Recipe: Tantalising steamed momos marinated with a punch of Indian spices and a crunchy vegetable stuffing, cooked in an oven to perfect crisp, these tandoori momos are sure to make you drool.
Ingredients of Tandoori Momos
- For outer layer:
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- For filling:
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, grated
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 1/2 tbsp besan
- to taste salt
How to Make Tandoori Momos
- Prepare covering:
- 1.In a large mixing bowl take refined flour, salt, oil and mix well. Add water to the mixture and knead smooth dough. Let it rest is for 20 minutes.
- Prepare stuffing:
- 1.Heat oil in a pan, add garlic clove and onions. Saute well till it turns translucent.
- 2.Now add cabbage, carrot, salt and black pepper powder. Mix well, cover and cook until soft.
- 3.After about 20 minutes, take the prepared momos dough and roll out small balls from it.
- 4.Take about a teaspoon of stuffing and place into the middle of the dough.
- 5.Use your fingers to pull the dough together and pleat one side to the other, using your fingers to seal. Repeat this process for all the dumplings.
- 6.Now heat the steamer and place the momos in it with some distance. Let it steam for about 10 minutes.
- 7.Prepare tandoori marinade:
- 8.In a large bowl take curd along with all other ingredients for the marinade.
- 9.Mix well for all the spices to combine well.
- 10.Place the steamed momos in the prepared marinade and let it rest for an hour.
- 11.Now preheat the oven at 200*c for 10 minutes. Line the baking tray with parchment paper and keep aside.
- 12.Arrange the marinated momos in the baking tray.
- 13.Place them in the oven for 10 minutes until charred. Serve tandoori momos topped with chaat masala along with a sweet and sour dip.
You may use meat stuffing or a paneer one for the filling.
Key Ingredients: refined flour, salt, oil, water, oil, garlic clove, onion, cabbage, carrot, salt, coriander, black pepper powder, curd, ginger-garlic paste, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, chaat masala, besan, salt