How to make Thandai Rasmalai
About Thandai Rasmalai Recipe: An Indian dessert that you just can't resist! Rasmalai is a delectable Bengali dessert, freshly made with chenna balls soaked in malai. Here is a different yet mouth-watering recipe of rasmalai assembled with the delectable sweet syrup of Thandai, which is a must during the Holi season. A tricky yet easy dessert recipe that you can try at home during the festive season of Holi.
Ingredients of Thandai Rasmalai
- For Thandai:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 litre water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tbsp saunf
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp almond
- 1 tbsp pistachio
- 1 tbsp watermelon seed (skinned)
- 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp peppercorn whole
- 1/4 cup dried or fresh rose petals
- For Rasmalai:
- 1 litre milk
- 1 tsp refined flour
- 2 cups grain sugar
- 3-4 tbsp white vinegar (to curdle the milk)
- 6-7 cups water
How to Make Thandai Rasmalai
- 1.Soak almonds, pistachio, watermelon seeds for at least 3-4 hours, drain the water and grind all these together in a grinder.
- 2.Roast cardamom, saunf, peppercorns and then blend them to a fine powder with a grinder. In pan boil milk, add saffron and sugar to it.
- 3.Keep it aside for some time till it cools down to room temperature and then refrigerate it, now add all the grounded nuts and powder of spices to it.
- 4.Add rose petals and rose water to enhance its fragrance, now the Thandai is ready.
- Prepare Rasmalai Rasgullas:
- 1.Dilute vinegar with 2-3 cups of water.
- 2.Add this diluted vinegar to milk and bring the milk to boil until the creamy part of the milk turns into solid (chhenna).
- 3.Now add 2-3 cup water and ice cubes to this chhenna to cool it down. Then strain this chhenna to remove the traces of vinegar.
- 4.To remove excess water, put this drained Chhenna into a cheese cloth and hang for 2-3 hours. Now put this dried Chhenna into a container and knead it well.
- 5.Now, it’s time to prepare a dough with this chhenna and ground flour, just add the flour to the dried chhenna and knead it well.
- 6.Prepare small dumpling balls with this dough, now we need sugar syrup to sweeten these balls.
- 7.To prepare syrup, add 2 cups sugar to 5 cups of water, boil it well and then add dumpling balls to it
- 8.Now cook these balls in the syrup while boiling it for 5-10 minutes. Rasgullas are ready.
- Prepare Thandai Rasmalai:
- 1.Your thandai and rasmalai are ready, now all you need is to assemble these two ingredients together.
- 2.Just squeeze rasgullas to remove excess syrup from them.
- 3.In the last step, you just need to put these squeezed rasgullas into the rasmalai.
Key Ingredients: milk, water, sugar, saunf, cardamom powder, almond, pistachio, watermelon seed (skinned), poppy seeds, rose water, peppercorn whole, dried or fresh rose petals, milk, refined flour, grain sugar, white vinegar (to curdle the milk), water