Vegetable Jalfrezi Recipe
How to make Vegetable Jalfrezi
A tangy, colourful symphony of crunchy vegetables.
- Total Cook Time 45 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Vegetable Jalfrezi
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 500 gram Mixed vegetables, finely chopped
- 10 Shallots (halved), peeled
- 1/4 cup Tomato puree
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 2 2 Tomatoes (cut into quarters)
- To garnish Coriander leaves
How to Make Vegetable JalfreziHideShow Media
Heat oil and add the cumin seeds.
Mix in the chopped onions and sauté till light brown.
Mix in the vegetables, shallots, tomato puree, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, and salt and chilli powder.
Cook till vegetables are 'bite like'.
Add tomato quarters, and cook for about 5 minutes.
Stir, sprinkle the garam masala and cook for about 5 minutes and serve garnished with the coriander leaves.
Avoid using potatoes, carrots or peas for vegetables