Avial (Mixed Vegetable Curry) Recipe
How to make Avial (Mixed Vegetable Curry)
A soothing vegetable curry from all the way from Kerala. Made with Southern flavours of raw bananas, drumsticks, ash gourd, yam and coconut.
- Total Cook Time 32 mins
- Prep Time 07 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
Ingredients of Avial (Mixed Vegetable Curry)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2-3 slit green chillies
- Curry leaves to taste
- Few cumin seeds
- Vegetables- drumsticks, carrots, french beans, potatoes
- Salt to taste
- Coconut for paste
- 2 tsp hung curd
How to Make Avial (Mixed Vegetable Curry)HideShow Media
1. For the paste:
2. Grind the grated coconut into a paste. Add few cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies.
3. For the avial:
4. Boil the vegetables and keep them aside.
5. Heat coconut oil in pan. Add green chillies, curry leaves, boiled vegetables, salt and coconut paste.
6. Let the preparation cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame till the vegetables and the coconut paste blend well. Put the preparation in a bowl, add curd and mix it well.
7. Avial is ready. Garnish with curry leaves and enjoy the authentic South Indian dish.