How to make Walnut Halwa
Ground walnuts along with cucumber seeds are roasted with milk, sugar, cardamom and saffron to get a scrumptious serving of Halwa. Just the perfect Indian dessert post-dinner!
Ingredients of Walnut Halwa
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Rock sugar powder
- 1 Tbsp Cucumber seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- A pinch of Saffron
- 1 tsp Dates, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Milk
How to Make Walnut Halwa
- 1.Soak walnuts in hot water for 15 minutes or in normal water for 2–3 hours.
- 2.Drain the water, remove walnuts and wipe it with a cloth. Coarsely grind these walnuts with cucumber seeds.
- 3.In a pan roast the ground walnuts for 5 minutes (without ghee), add milk, rock sugar powder, cardamom powder and saffron and cook for 10 minutes on medium flame. Keep stirring continuously.
- 4.Remove from flame and add dates.
- 5.Garnish it with pumpkin seeds and dates and serve hot.