How to make Yera Sukha
About Yera Sukha Recipe: Discover the ultimate in South East Asian coastal food with this delicious prawn recipe. Straight from the Winter special menu of The Spice Route comes this mouth-watering gem of a dish, Yera Sukha. Prawns stirred with Kerala spices, flavoured with star anise and stone flowers, make sure you beat the chill with hot and fragrant flavours.
Ingredients of Yera Sukha
- 5 gms stone flower
- 5 gms star anise
- 5 gms dry red chilli
- 45 gms onion
- 45 gms tomato
- 10 gms curry leaves
- 5 gms ginger-garlic paste
- 5 gms turmeric powder
- 3 gms red chilli powder
- 3 gms coriander powder
- 3 gms garam masala powder
- 4-5 gms salt
- 15 ml oil
- 45 nos jumbo prawn
- 30 gms capsicum (red and yellow)
How to Make Yera Sukha
- 1.Marinate the prawn with salt and turmeric.
- 2.Fry the marinated prawn in hot oil, keep it aside.
- 3.Cut the capsicum red and yellow into dices.
- 4.Pour oil into the pan. Add stone flower, star anise, dry red chilli.
- 5.Then add chopped onion, curry leaves, ginger and garlic paste. Stir till golden brown.
- 6.Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, chopped tomato and salt, stir till tomato is well done.
- 7.Add the fried prawn into the above prepared mixture. Also, the cut capsicum.
- 8.Arrange on the serving plate, garnish with fried curry leaves and sliced dry red chilli.
Key Ingredients: stone flower, star anise, dry red chilli, onion, tomato, curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt, oil, jumbo prawn, capsicum (red and yellow)