How to make Zesty Smoked Salmon with Avocado Tomato Salad
A fulfilling, healthy salad that would fill your palate for the rest of the day. The major flavours in this salad are the salmon, creamy avocado and zesty lemon dressing. It’s got enough energy to keep you going all through the day and contains a great amount of protein and fibre whilst still being super low on carbs – so basically it’s the perfect healthy lunch!
Ingredients of Zesty Smoked Salmon with Avocado Tomato Salad
- 4 (175 gms each) Smoked salmon fillets
- 6 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (minced) Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tsp Lemon zest (from one lemon)
- For Avocado & Tomato salad:
- 1 Cup Tomato (large, seeded and diced)
- 1 Cups Avocado (small, diced)
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro (fresh), chopped
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice
- To taste Pink Himalyan Salt
How to Make Zesty Smoked Salmon with Avocado Tomato Salad
- 1.Mix all ingredients except fish together in a zip-lock bag. Add Salmon fillets and massage marinade into meat until evenly coated. Seal the bag and place in a bowl in the refrigerator (the bowl protects against leakage); let the Salmon marinate at least 4 hours.
- 2.Make the salad in the mean time by mixing all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and cover it till service. (Make the Salad just half an hour to 1 hour before service for best taste).
- 3.Clean grill and preheat to high. Lightly dip a wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and, using tongs, carefully rub over grates several times until glossy and coated.
- 4.Place fillet on the grill (make sure they are well-coated with the marinade; the more garlic, lemon zest and herbs on the fish, the better!). Grill, covered, for 2-3 minutes per side.
- 5.Serve hot in a plate with Avocado salad on the side.
Key Ingredients: Smoked salmon fillets, Extra virgin olive oil, Garlic cloves, Sea salt, Black pepper (freshly ground), Lemon zest (from one lemon), Tomato (large, seeded and diced), Avocado (small, diced), Garlic cloves, Cilantro (fresh), Lime juice, Pink Himalyan Salt