Winters are upon us and how! The temperatures have begun to drop; the nippy air is tending us either towards our blankets or all things warm, fried and decadent. Let's face it; winters are a tough time to start dieting. We can't stop craving and then there are so many seasonal delicacies we cannot let go of either (think: Gajar ka halwa and hot chocolate). But we know very well how detrimental these frequent bouts of indulgence could prove to be. If you are trying to shed weight, you not only need to resist your urge to nosh but also choose wisely. There are several winter vegetables that could help assist your weight loss plans. One such winter vegetable brimming with health benefits is radish or mooli. Mooli, a winter vegetable of India, is high in fibre that helps keep you full and prevent you from bingeing. It is also a rich source of antioxidants that help boost immunity and skin health. Also, did you know that radish is also good for your eyes?! So, without further ado, let's explore some interesting ways to include radish in our diet.
5 Interesting Ways To Eat More Radish This Winter :
1. Mooli Raita: Raita is one of our side dishes of all times. Make it richer by adding grated radish to the mix. Radish has earthy and slightly hot flavour that goes so well with soothing curd.
Radish for weight loss: Raita is one of our side dishes of all times.
2. Mooli salad: It is perhaps one of the easiest preparations in the list; hence, it is one of our favourite too. You can grate some radish, mix it with grated carrots, top it with lemon juice and chaat masala and you are good to go.
Salads are a safe bet to fill yourself
3. Mooli chutney: Desi and delectable, mooli ki chutney can liven up your meals and how. Don't want to have your plain dal chawal, pair it with a spoonful of fiery mooli ki chutney and lick your plates clean. Try this lip-smacking recipe and let us know!
4. Radish soup: Soothing and soulful, this radish soup is a perfect winter treat. Bring out your blankets and gloves; wrap your hands around a hot portion of this soup, sip, slurp and repeat.
Soothing and soulful, this radish soup is a perfect winter treat.
5. Mooli ki bhurji: You have had anda bhurji, you have had paneer bhurji, but have you ever tried mooli ki bhurji?! This simple recipe made with a handful of ingredients is sure to make you love the root vegetable even more.
Ever thought a humble mooli could be so versatile? Well, now that you have some yummy recipes with you, how about changing your perception a bit?
(This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.)