Recipe of Apple Strudel
Flaky crust outside, gooey apples inside. Create a warm apple strudel at home and serve with a dollop of ice-cream.
- 1-2/3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 egg-slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 5 1/2 cups tart apples, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tsp butter (divided)
- 1 Tbsp honey
How to Make Apple Strudel
- In medium bowl, mix flour, salt, vinegar, oil and egg.
- Add water and mix. Knead until dough is smooth place in a bowl.
- Cover and set aside one hour. Mix sugars, cornflour and cinnamon.
- On a floured pastry cloth, roll dough to a 12x8 inch rectangle. (A pastry cloth is a durable cloth made of canvas used for rolling out pastry dough)
- Spread apples over dough; sprinkle lemon juice and sugar mixture over apples.
- Dot with 2 tbsp butter.
- Using pastry cloth to lift pastry, roll dough jelly roll fashion.
- Seal edges.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- Mix honey and 1 tsp butter, spread on crust.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
Key Ingredients: all purpose flour
, vegetable oil
, brown sugar
, lemon juice