Recipe of Baked Arbi with Feta Cheese
Vicky shows you how to turn this not so loved vegetable into a scrumptious dish. Arbi baked with herbs, honey and feta cheese.
- 100 gms arbi/colacassia cooked
- 4 small wedge of roasted pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove sliced garlic
- 1/2 tsp red chillies flakes
- Few leaves rosemary
- Few leaves oregano
- 1/2 green apple
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Black pepper to season
- 3-4 pieces feta cheese
- 1/2 a cup cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp honey
How to Make Baked Arbi with Feta Cheese
- For the roasted pumpkin:
- Slice the pumpkin into big wedges and season with salt, pepper, olive oil and thyme leaves and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180 C.
- Peel the skin of the pumpkin.
For the baked arbi:
Boil the arbi in salted water until just cooked.
- Drain, cool, peel and slice the arbi.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and chilli flakes with rosemary and oregano to make the infused oil.
- Grate some green apple into thin strips and add some lime juice, pepper, feta cheese, honey and the infused garlic oil.
- Line the bottom of a baking dish with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a baking dish, arrange the arbi, pumpkin and apple alternatively.
- Drizzle with another tablespoon of olive oil on top.
- Sprinkle some thyme leaves.
- Grate the cheddar cheese on top and bake the dish for 20 minutes at 180 C.
Key Ingredients: colocasia
, olive oil
, lemon juice
, Black pepper
, feta cheese
, cheddar cheese