Recipe Servings: 4
A rich tomato and cashew based gravy with butter fried paneer chunks. Serve this dish of butter paneer with steamed rice or hot rotis!
- 250 gm paneer, cut into rectangles
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 15 kaju (cashew nuts)
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1" cinnamon stick
- Salt, to taste
- Red chili powder, to taste
- 2 Tbsp kasoori methi (fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cream (Optional)
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- Add 1 Tbsp butter in a pan. Once it melts, add garlic, cinnamon and cashews. Fry, till the color changes.
- Then add the tomatoes. Saute till the tomatoes become soft and add chilli powder & salt. Saute for 2-3 minutes and then grind it into a fine paste.
- Take another pan - Add 1 Tbsp butter and grill the paneer pieces till golden brown on both sides. Remove the paneer pieces.
- In the same pan add the tomato-cashew paste. Let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add kasoori methi and sugar. Let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Add milk, paneer pieces (You can adjust the quantity of milk according to your gravy's consistency).
- Top it with cream if desired. Serve.
Key Ingredients: Cottage Cheese
, red chilli
, Cashew nuts
, dried fenugreek leaves