Caramel Custard in a Pressure Cooker
Here's an easy caramel custard recipe with a twist. This one's made in a pressure cooker.
- 75 gm grain sugar
- 75 ml cold water
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 450 ml milk
- 1 Tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Beat the eggs and egg yolks together with vanilla essence.
- Add milk while stirring.
- Strain the mixture.
- Dissolve sugar and water together until caramelized.
- Line serving dish with the caramel.
- Pour the custard over the caramel. Cover with foil.
- Place some water in a pressure cooker (enough for it to last the length of your cooking time).
- Now place something like a katori in it and then a perforated metal plate (cookers usually have them).
- Over this place the pudding to be steamed.
- The plate should be above the water, not touching it. Seal the pressure cooker and cook without the pressure for about 20 minutes.
- Take the pudding out of the cooker, turn upside down into a dish and serve.