Cinnamon Shortbread Bars
Recipe Servings: 12
Make a buttery and crumbly shortbread bar at home with a hint of cinnamon. Oh so yummy.
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Nutella or peanut butter (Optional)
- In a food processor or mixie add butter and sugar. Cream them together till the butter is light. Note: It is essential for the butter to be at room temperature.
- Add the cinnamon and give it a whiz.
- Now add the flour gradually and keep mixing it at intervals. Do not add all the flour at once.
- Once the dough is ready, scrape it all out in a plate and with your hands press it together to make the dough compact.
- In a baking dish lay a butter paper and grease it with a drop of oil.
- Place the dough and spread it with a wooden spatula, equally on all sides. Level the dough with a flat instrument.
- Now cut the dough with a knife: 3 times vertically (Makes 4 columns) and 2 times horizontally (Makes 3 rows) to make 12 shortbread bars. (See picture)
- With a fork make marks on the bars twice or thrice. Bake at 170-180 degrees C for 20 minutes or till the shortbread is golden brown.
- Take out of the oven, let it cool completely. Cut the shortbread over the lines again, separate to make individual bars.
- Spread some nutella or peanut butter if you want. You can eat the shortbread without this too.