Recipe of Curried Vegetables with Chilli Jam
Recipe Servings: 4
Puff pastries stuffed with a vegetable mix with cheese, cream and curry powder. Served with a bell pepper and chilli jam.
- 3-4 pieces puff pastry or khari biscuit
- 1 1/4 cup broccoli, blanched
- 1 1/4 cup zucchini
- 1 1/4 cup mushroom
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp grated cheese
- 1 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 3 Tbsp leeks
- 3 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup fresh cream
- Olive oil to saute
- Salt to taste
For Chilli Jam:
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp red chilli
- 2 tsp chopped fresh coriander
How to Make Curried Vegetables with Chilli Jam
- In a pan, saute onions and garlic till they turn translucent.
- Add the zucchini and mushrooms and cook for few minutes stirring all the time.
- Now add broccoli and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Pour in a little water if required.
- Sprinkle curry powder and mix well.
- Cook some more and then add fresh cream.
- Now season with black pepper, chilli flakes and salt.
- In the end sprinkle grated cheese and mix well. Keep aside.
- In a separate pan, saute onion roundels in butter.
- Add tomato ketchup and cook for few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add little water to de-glaze the pan.
- Season with black pepper and keep aside.
- Take another pan and saute leeks in olive oil. Keep aside.
To prepare chilli jam:
- Heat oil in pan and saute chopped onions.
- Add bell pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add red wine vinegar, brown sugar, chilli flakes and mix well.