Recipe of Eggless Coffee Cupcakes
Recipe Servings: 6
Soft and spongy eggless cupcakes with a coffee kick. Smothered with some coffee cream cheese frosting. Yummy-licious!
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 cup maida/ flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4th cup sugar, powdered
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 5 Tbsp butter, softened (Salted. In case you are using unsalted butter, add 1/4 tsp salt)
- 3/4th cup milk, to make the batter smooth (Adjust the milk quantity according to your batter's smoothness)
- 1 Tbsp coffee powder + 1 tsp water, to make a paste (You can increase or decrease according to your coffee tolerance)
How to Make Eggless Coffee Cupcakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C. Line the cupcake moulds with paper cupcake liners.
- In a bowl sift maida, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Add in softened butter, vanilla essence, coffee paste and milk till a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the moulds and bake at 180 degrees until done. (Approximately 15-20 minutes)
- You check if they're done by inserting a toothpick into the cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean, it means it's done.
- Take the cupcakes out of the oven. Let them cool entirely. Note: Do not frost them unless they are completely cool as the frosting will start to melt.
You can frost the cupcakes with mascarpone cheese with a shot of whiskey or some coffee butter cream. Here, coffee cream cheese frosting has been used.