Fish Kabiraji (Bengali Fish Fillets) Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Fish fillets coated in beaten egg and breadcrumbs are pan fried to get this exotic Bengali delicacy.
Ingredients of Fish Kabiraji (Bengali Fish Fillets)
- 500 gm (8pc) fish fillet (bhetki or cod)
- 4 green chillies
- 100 gm onions
- 8 eggs
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 250 gm breadcrumbs
- 25 gm ginger
- 8 Tbsp oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup coriander-chopped
- 1/4 cup mint-chopped
- 100 gm besan
How to Make Fish Kabiraji (Bengali Fish Fillets)
- Wash the fish fillets properly. Soak the fish in salt, lemon juice and 4 cups of water for about 10 minutes. Drain and wipe dry.
- Now marinate the fish for 1 hour with onion, garlic, ginger, green chilli paste, finely chopped mint, coriander and add salt to taste.
- Mix the gram flour and salt. Drop it over the fish.
- Heat some oil in the pan.
- Beat eggs with a pinch of salt.
- Take each fillet and cover it with the beaten eggs mix. Then sprinkle it with breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry the fillets till they're brown on both sides.
- Note: Substitute the fish with boneless pieces of chicken breasts, beaten flat for Chicken Kabiraji
Key Ingredients: Fish fillet
, Green Chillies
, vegetable oil
, Coriander Leaves
, Mint Leaves
, Gram flour