Recipe Servings: 4
Cottage cheese (paneer) pieces cooked in thick zingy gravy retaining the aroma of varied spices.
- 2 cups cubed (500 gm) paneer (cottage cheese) - deep fried to a light brown
- 3-4 green chillies-slit a little
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 cup hung curd
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp powdered red pepper
- 1 Tbsp powdered coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves - for garnish
- Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds and the bay leaves.
- When the seeds begin to splutter, add the ginger paste. Saute till a light brown.
- Add the curd, turmeric, salt, garam masala, red pepper and the coriander powder, and stir-fry till the fat separates.
- Add the paneer and the green chillies and saute over high heat till the paneer is well mixed with the masalas.
- Serve the kadhai paneer hot, garnished with the coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: hung curd
, green chillies
, red chilli
, coriander leaves
, cottage cheese
, bay leaf
, cumin seeds
, garam masala
, coriander seeds
, vegetable oil