Recipe of Low Fat Dahi Chicken
Recipe Servings: 4
A low fat Indian chicken curry recipe with yogurt as its base. This dish is high on proteins, and low on carbohydrates.
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken (cut as you like it)
- 2 1/2 cups yogurt
- 1 tsp cumin / zeera powder
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli (rang) powder
- A little less than 1/4 tsp turmeric/haldi
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- Few slit green chillies
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
How to Make Low Fat Dahi Chicken
- Take the yogurt and mix in the cumin powder, garlic paste, garam masala, haldi and red chilli powder. Mix with hands. Put chicken into this and add slit chillies. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Now heat 2 tsp oil in pan and add onions. Cook till translucent and soft.
- Add the tomatoes. Cook for a minute and add all the chicken and marinade.
- Keep cooking till gravy reaches the consistency you like. Of you like it more dry, cook a little bit more till yogurt curdles around chicken. Check for salt.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy. This can be eaten with rice if the gravy is more and with Indian bread (roti/naan) if you dry it up.
Key Ingredients: yogurt
, cumin seeds
, red chilli
, garam masala
, green chillies
, coriander leaves
, vegetable oil