Recipe Servings: 4
A delicious and succulent mutton fry recipe made with aromatic spices.
- 500 gms mutton, chopped in small pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp ulavacharu paste (optional)
For the base:
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 6-7 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 6-7 green cardamom
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 sliced green chillies
- Fresh coriander, for garnishing
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a pan and lightly brown the mutton to seal the juices.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, salt, chili, ulavacharu paste (optional) and turmeric powder.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on medium flame, stirring at intervals.
- Add the water and pressure cook for 20-25 minutes or 4-5 whistles, till the mutton is tender.
For the base:
- In another pan, heat the oil, add cinnamon stick, green cardamom and cloves and let them splutter.
- Mix in the green chillies, then add the onions and curry leaves.
- Saute for 5-6 minutes and season it with salt.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 minutes, till the onions are soft.
- Then add the cooked mutton to this base and mix well.
- Sprinkle in the garam masala and cook for 7-8 minutes. till all the flavors combine together.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with rice and ulavacharu.
Key Ingredients: Mutton
, red chilli
, vegetable oil
, green cardamom
, garam masala
, curry leaves
, green chillies
, coriander leaves