Recipe Servings: 6
Calcium rich cookies with the goodness of ragi and cane sugar. Let your family enjoy cookies the guilt free way.
- 1 cup ragi flour
- 1/2 cup brown cane sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp green cardamom powder
- 2 pinches of ginger powder
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup oil (rice bran)
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/2 Tbsp salt or to taste
- In a pan mix the ragi flour and cardamom powder. Then roast this gently on a tawa till the color gets a wee bit darker. (for a minute or two)
- In a bowl break an egg and whisk it. Add the roasted ragi and sugar into it.
- Mix well.
- Add the dry ginger and salt to it.
- Then add the oil and mix well. It will look like a dark dough.
- Make round balls and flatten them in your palms.
- Pre-heat the oven for 5-7 minutes. Take a flat dish, put butter paper on it. No need to grease it.
- Place the biscuit roundels an inch away from each other and bake for 8 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.