Tamatar Kadhi Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Any Sindhi must know of this tamatar kadhi. Served with plain boiled rice and aloo tuk. This tangy kadhi is cooked with homemade tomato puree, vegetables and masalas.
Ingredients of Tamatar Kadhi
- 2 kg tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 green chillies - slit lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi seeds)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 10 curry leaves (kadhi patta)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt - to taste
- 3 cups mixed vegetables - cauliflower, carrot, green beans, baby okra (gobhi, gajar, faliyaan and bhindi)
- Chopped coriander leaves - to garnish
How to Make Tamatar Kadhi
- Boil tomatoes in 3 cups of water till soft.
- Mash well and strain through a soup sieve to make puree.
- Add enough water to this to get a thin soup consistency.
- Put back on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard, fenugreek and cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves.
- When seeds splutter, add the tomato puree and mix well.
- Add the red chilli powder, salt and the mixed vegetables and stir.
- Simmer and cook till vegetables are done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve tamatar kadhi with hot plain boiled rice.
Key Ingredients: tomato
, coriander leaves
, curry leaves
, broad beans
, lady finger
, red chilli
, mustard seeds
, cumin seeds
, vegetable oil
, fenugreek seeds
, green chillies