Recipe of Tamatar Kadhi
Recipe Servings: 4
Any Sindhi must know of this tamatar kadhi. Served with plain boiled rice and aloo tuk. This tangy kadhi is cooked with homemade tomato puree, vegetables and masalas.
- 2 kg tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 green chillies - slit lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi seeds)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 10 curry leaves (kadhi patta)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt - to taste
- 3 cups mixed vegetables - cauliflower, carrot, green beans, baby okra (gobhi, gajar, faliyaan and bhindi)
- Chopped coriander leaves - to garnish
How to Make Tamatar Kadhi
- Boil tomatoes in 3 cups of water till soft.
- Mash well and strain through a soup sieve to make puree.
- Add enough water to this to get a thin soup consistency.
- Put back on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard, fenugreek and cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves.
- When seeds splutter, add the tomato puree and mix well.
- Add the red chilli powder, salt and the mixed vegetables and stir.
- Simmer and cook till vegetables are done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve tamatar kadhi with hot plain boiled rice.
Key Ingredients: tomato
, coriander leaves
, curry leaves
, broad beans
, lady finger
, red chilli
, mustard seeds
, cumin seeds
, vegetable oil
, fenugreek seeds
, green chillies