Tomato ketchup made at home. The solution to a bland sandwich, a non-juicy burger or with a plate of pakoras. Pair it up and get the tang in the dish.
- 1kg tomatoes-chopped roughly
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sodium benzoate-mixed with water
- Boiled water
- Cook the tomatoes and garlic together till soft.
- Strain through a soup strainer, or blend in a blend and then pass through a sieve.
- Put it back over high heat, add sugar, salt, garam masala, chilli powder and vinegar and cook till thick.
- The mixture begins to spurt only in the center, when ready.
- Take off the heat, add the sodium benzoate (a preservative) solution and store in airtight sterilized jars.