Vegetable Thai Red Curry
Recipe Servings: 4
Red bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, zucchini and bamboo shoots cooked in distinct Thai flavours.
- Fresh vegetables (red bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, zucchini and bamboo shoots) - simmered in an aromatic coconut milk broth.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 sweet red bell pepper - cut into strips
- Broccoli (about one small head) - cut into bite-size florets
- Cauliflower (approx. 1/4 head) - cut into bite-size florets
- 1 1/4 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 small zucchini - cut into julienne strips 2 inches long and 1/8 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp bamboo shoots - cut into strips
- Heat oil in a large soup pot or sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add curry paste, mashing with the back of a spoon, and saute until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower and mix well to coat with curry paste.
- Stir-fry for two minutes.
- Add bell pepper and stir-fry for two minutes.
- Add coconut milk and stir.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down heat to let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini and bamboo shoots and simmer for five more minutes. Stir gently.