Recipe Servings: 5
A preparation of milk, sugar and parsai. Parsai is a rice like ingredient, permissible to consume during the Navratra fasts (vrat).
- 1 liter milk, full cream
- 1/4 cup samwat / parsai ke chawal, washed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10-12 kishmish (raisins)
- 4 chhoti elaichi (green cardamoms)
- 10-12 almonds, blanched and shredded
- Put rice and milk in a deep pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring a few times till the rice is cooked and milk has thickened. (Takes about 25 minutes).
- When cooked, add sugar, kishmish and elaichi. Stir till sugar is dissolved and 10-15 minutes after that.
- Transfer on to a serving dish, garnish with the almonds. Serve hot or chilled.