The word “jalebis” is enough to tantalise our tastebuds. These orange-coloured sweetmeats are our go-to option to celebrate a happy moment with family or friends. This crispy Indian dessert melts in the mouth the moment we eat it. So, are you craving some jalebis already this festive season? If yes, then refer to chef Saransh Goila's jalebi recipe on Instagram. In a quirky caption, he said, “Chanelling my inner Ravana but my lust is only for these Jalebis.” Further in the caption, he also wished everyone a very “Happy Dussehra.” He wrote, “Be good. Be honest. Be at home. Eat one jalebi at a time"
The ingredients used by Saransh for making jalebis:
1) Sugar (1 cup)
2) Water (3/4th cup)
3) Menon Juice
4) Saffron (2 pinches)
5) 4 cardamoms
Instant Jalebi mix
1) Maida Corn flour (120 grams)
2) Cornflour (15 grams)
3) Haldi (1/8 tablespoon)
4) Sour curd (1/4th cup)
5) Water (3/4th cup) – You can add more if required
6) Baking soda (1/2 tablespoon)
Procedure to make jalebis:
1) Take water and sugar and boil them together until it reaches one string consistency.
2) Crush the saffron and cardamom together and add to the syrup prepared before. Boil it until it gets the gorgeous orange colour. Add a tablespoon of lemon juice.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients, including maida, cornflour, haldi (turmeric), sour curd and water, one by one and mix them well. Whip the batter well and make it airy. Add some drops of lime juice to make it sour. Put baking soda in the end but after that do not whisk the batter too much.
4) The batter is ready and you can now fry jalebis in ghee.
5) Do not forget to put the fried jalebis into the syrup you prepared before finally savouring it.
Take a look at the video here:
Do try out chef Saransh's mouth-watering jalebis this festivity and let us know if you liked it.