These benefits stand true in case of homemade apple juice without any additives, and not in case of store-bought juices. It is always good to make apple juice at home. If you think it is a tough nut to crack, then don't worry as we have got your back. Instead of spending big bucks on apple juice in the market, we'll tell you a super-easy way to make apple juice at home. We promise, this wouldn't have any preservative added to it.
How To Make Apple Juice At Home?
- Wash the apples thoroughly. Slice them and remove all the seeds. You don't need to peel the apples.
- Take a pot of water and add apples in it. Make sure the level of water covers all of them. If you want a much-diluted juice, you can add more water to it.
- Let the water boil slowly for about 20-25 minutes or until the apples are quite soft.
- Take another bowl with a strainer on it. Place a piece of cheesecloth on the strainer.
- Gently ladle the soft apples and mash them. Now pour the hot juice in the strainer via cheesecloth in to the bowl as the apple mush is left behind. Place the mush for later. Repeat this process until all the juice is squeezed out.
- Taste the juice after it has cooled down; if you feel it needs additional sweetness, add some sugar or cinnamon power to it. If the flavour is too strong, add some water to dilute it.
- This apple juice doesn't contain any preservative, which means you will be required to consume the apple juice within a week, only if it is refrigerated well.
- Use the apple waste, or mush, as compost rather than throwing it away.
So, go on and make your own apple juice at home, and enjoy all the health benefits it has to offer!