Chocolate covered strawberries are a lovely treat to gift to your special someone. Part of what makes these yummy delights is how fresh the strawberries are. These little sweet treats are super easy and are absolutely delicious. But, to ensure the right taste of chocolate and freshness of strawberries, learn how to temper chocolate and store strawberries the correct way. Chocolate is great and really easy to work with, and when it is melted (read tempered) and poured on strawberries; it makes for a perfect combination of treat to impress your date. But, how does one go about it? What will make a simple dish like chocolate covered strawberries a delicacy? Making homemade chocolate covered strawberry will definitely do the trick. Make it even more special by decorating it with drizzles and sprinkles. It is classy and sophisticated and is best paired with red wine. Sounds interesting, right? So, what's the wait for? Learn how to make chocolate covered strawberries with these easy-peasy steps.
Homemade Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Ingredients To Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- 1 Pound strawberries
- 4 ounces chocolate bar (chopped)
- 1 Wax paper/ Parchment paper
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered sugar
(Also Read: Amazing Strawberry Nutrition Facts And Health Benefits)
Recipe For Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- Put the strawberries in a bowl and rinse them thoroughly.
- Pat them lightly with cloth and let it dry to avoid graininess in the mix later.
- Put the chopped pieces of chocolate bar in a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until it is completely melted.
- Stir it consistently to remove any lumps from the mix.
- Dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate, holding it from its stem.
- Swirl and twist the strawberries to remove excess chocolate from it.
- Place them on parchment paper and refrigerate them for about 30 minutes to cool it down.
- Sprinkle the strawberries with powdered sugar.
- When arranged, serve it as appetisers or desserts, as required.
Note: For storage, keep it an airtight container and put it in refrigerator.
(Also Read: Top 6 Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate)
If covering strawberries with regular chocolate is not enough for you and want to show your artistic flair, just decorate them with some other interesting yet tasty food options. Listed below are the ways you can take to go about the process.
Different Types Of Chocolate Covered Strawberries
White chocolate drizzle strawberries
If one layer of chocolate is not enough, add more layer to your chocolate covered strawberries. Melt some white chocolate chips and pour it onto the already chocolate covered strawberries. Make sure you do it only after the first layer is hardened.
Caramel-drenched chocolate strawberries
If you have caramel syrup available at home, it can make your strawberries even more delicious. Just drench your chocolate covered strawberries with caramel syrup and viola, it's done!
Peanut butter-added chocolate strawberries
Give your chocolate covered strawberry a healthy touch by adding some peanut butter to it.
Whipped cream-topped chocolate strawberries
Just spray some whipped cream over your chocolate covered strawberries. It is bound to make it creamy and heavily yummy.
Nuts-filled chocolate strawberries
Chop some nuts (almonds and cashews) into fine pieces and add onto the chocolate covered strawberries. It will add crunch to your smooth chocolate covered treats.
While none of the techniques used here are very complicated, here's a little more information about how to store strawberries like a pro!