While it may be a task to deseed a pomegranate, juicing it is fairly quite easy. Ditch your store-bought versions and make one for yourself.
Here is an easy step-by-step guide and a delicious recipe that would help you through.
How To Make Pomegranate Juice :
All you need is pomegranate, a paring knife, a blender and a strainer and you are good to go.
How to deseed the pomegranate: The quickest way
1. Take the pomegranate and roll it on the kitchen slab gently.
2. Once you have rolled it for about say, 20-30 seconds, slice the pomegranate into half, horizontally.
3. Take a big bowl and start hammering the pomegranate in a way that all the seeds fall into the bowl. Be gentle and use a heavy spoon/spatula to do the same.
Keep at it, once the first few kernels drop out, you'll be able to get all of them out easily.
The tarty juice makes for one nutritious and healthful potion everyone must have.How To Make The Juice:
1. Put the arils into a blender and blend.
2. If you want you can add some aloe-vera juice or beetroot juice to it too and blend.
3. Pour the juice through a strainer.
4. Serve the juice in a glass
Here is a delicious Ayurvedic take on the humble pomegranate juice. The pomegranate juice recipe by Anurag Sharma is loaded with vital vitamins and antioxidants.
Ways To Use Pomegranate Juice:
While most of us would want to empty a glass at one go, on finding one. But, as it turns out, there is lot that you can do with your pomegranate juice. Here are some exciting ways to use it.
1. Set Pomegranate Ice Cubes: Pour the juice in an ice tray and set it in the freezer for a day and there you have it. Add these pretty pink pomegranate ice cubes in a pitcher of sangria and you're good to go.
2. Base For Smoothies: The tarty juice makes for a nice base for many fruit smoothies for breakfast.
4. Fun Cocktails: Pomegranate juice serves as an excellent base for fun and quirky cocktails. Team it with a shot of gin and have fun.
5. Pomegranate Syrup: Bored of the classic maple syrup? How about a tangy punch for breakfast? Simmer the juice over medium heat until it reduces to a syrupy consistency. Do not overheat. You can use this delightful syrup to glaze your pancakes or as a topping on your ice cream.
So what are you waiting for? Make this delightful potion for yourself and reap most of its benefits.