There's no doubt that lockdown due to Coronavirus pandemic has created a number of new home-bakers in the town. Each one of them are trying their hands on making delicious cakes, cookies, breads and more. While some people are passing with flying colours, others are trying hard to get it right without crumbling the cake. Baking a perfect cake is not as simple as it seems. It takes time, patience and persistence to master the skills. Alongside, if you are a beginner, you need to understand the science behind baking to make the job easier. Hence, we bring some helpful tips that will get your baking game on point.
Also Read: Want To Try Baking? This Viral 3-Ingredient Carrot Cake Recipe Is The Perfect Way To Get Started
Here Are 8 Baking Tips For The New Bakers Out There:
- Instead of aluminium foil, get silicon baking mat. It has a non-stick baking surface that will prevent the stuck-on messes. The best part is, these mats are reusable.
- Perfect measurement is the key to good baking. So measure and set all the ingredients in prescribed quantities before you start the process of baking.
- For measuring the exact quantities of the ingredients, it is always advisable to get a digital scale. This will bring preciseness to your baking process.
- If you are baking cookies, allow them to chill in the refrigerator. This will prevent the cookies from spreading while baking.
- Never overmix the ingredients. This will create too much gluten in the mix, making the desserts chewy and hard.
- Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before you start baking.
- Several recipes call for softened butter. In such cases, make sure the butter is softened, not melted. Melted butter loses the ability to hold air in the mix.
- Baking is a science. So follow every step strictly while baking. Any kind of carelessness can lead to a negative result.
Follow these hacks and bake a perfect dessert for yourself and family and relish!
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.