The festive weekend is here and you cannot wait to dig in some drool-worthy food items. Are we right? Festive time means spending fun time at home with your family members around, following rituals and of course, enjoying mouth-watering treats. Well, this time if you have decided to cook up something special at home and impress your family with your cooking skills, try out this Korean dish – Bibimbap. Food vlogger and chef Ananya Banerjee, through a Youtube video on her channel, has shared an easy recipe for this exotic dish. Just make it at home and everyone should like it. The chef has explained that Bibimbap is a Korean rice bowl that has its origin in rural Korea. The local residents would use leftover food items to mix together with rice and create this dish. So, you can use vegetables and ingredients of your choice as well. And just remove the egg part for the vegetarian version of the delicacy.
Shiitake mushrooms (soaked in hot water) – 6 to 8
Carrot (julienned) – 1
Cucumber (julienned) – 1
Few Chinese Pak Choy
Garlic (minced) – 2 tablespoons
Soy sauce – ½ tablespoon
Sugar – ¼ tablespoon
Sesame oil – 4 tablespoons
For Bibimbap sauce
Gochujang paste – 2 tablespoons
Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Soy sauce – ½ tablespoon
Sugar (powdered) – 2 tablespoons
One garlic clove (minced)
How to make Bibimbap?
1)First of all, take a little bit of oil and heat some garlic in it. Put some sugar and saute the pak choy in it. Don't cook it. Just saute it lightly and keep aside.
2) In the same pan, pour some sesame oil, and a little garlic thereafter. Now, put the carrot and saute it lightly. Keep it aside. Remember that you do not have to overcook anything.
3) Now, in the same pan, saute the mushrooms with a little oil, chopped garlic and soy sauce.
4) It's the time for plating. The chef has stated that plating makes for an important part of this recipe. The overall dish looks utterly beautiful in the end. She also explained the meaning of Bibimbap. Ananya stated that Bibim means “everything mixed together” and bap refers to “rice.”
5) For plating, first, spread a good amount of rice evenly on a plate. Then, place some cucumber as shown in the video followed by sauteed carrots, pak choy and mushrooms.
6) After placing the ingredients, drizzle the dish with the special sauce (that you need to prepare by mixing gochujang, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and garlic) on top. The chef also said that the crowning glory of the dish will be fried egg.
7) At the end, make the fried egg sunny side up. Just sprinkle some salt on it and put it nicely on the platter you decorated. Shower the dish with some black and white sesame seeds for the final touch.
Take a look:
So, what are your thoughts on Bibimbap? Isn't it one interesting dish?