If there's one ingredient that can instantly spruce up the flavour of your meals, it has to be none other than garlic. There's nothing better than garlic and we can vouch for it. From various kinds of dips to pickles, curries and more, it can enhance the taste of anything and everything. Besides adding pungent flavour to the dishes, garlic has also been shown to provide remarkable health benefits. It is a good source of Vitamin C, K, folate, niacin and thiamine. Considering its versatility, we stock up on a bunch of garlic at home. However, storing garlic at home can be a real challenge. After a certain period of time, stored garlic starts to rot and eventually gets mold because of the bacteria build-up. Fret not! There are so many ways in which you can store garlic to prolong its shelf life. For instance, pickling, fermenting in vinegar and more.
Adding to the list, here we bring you one of the easiest ways to store garlic without compromising its taste. While looking for different hacks to store garlic, we came across this interesting hack. Watch the complete video below.
Here Are A Few Steps To Store Garlic To Increase Its Shelf Life:
- To begin with, separate the garlic cloves from the bunch and then peel every clove.
- Once done, add them to a large blender. (Note: do not add water while blending.)
- Then, blend the garlic cloves until a smooth and consistent paste.
- Once the paste is ready, take an ice tray and fill each part of it with the prepared garlic mixture.
- Store the tray in the freezer.
- Take it out whenever you want to use it.
Note: You can also use fresh herbs while blending the garlic. This is done to enhance the flavours of the mixture.
So, what are you waiting for? Try this easy hack and let us know how it worked for you in the comments section below. For more such quick and easy hacks, keep coming to our website.