There's something extremely soothing about the flavour of coconut. Just the thought of them makes us feel light and refreshed. You can infuse it into savoury as well as sweet treats. If you're looking for an easy coconut-flavoured dessert, then we have the perfect recipe for you. We came across a recipe for a special coconut pudding shared by the vlogger Parul on her YouTube channel, 'Cook With Parul.' It requires just three ingredients: coconut, sugar and cornflour. But that's not the only great thing about it. It requires around 3 hours to set and thus can be ready quicker than other similar desserts.
Also Read: Did You Know? Coconut Meat Or 'Nariyal Ki Malai' Is Great For Your Health
What Is Coconut Kharvas?
This dish resembles a coconut version of kharvas, a traditional Maharashtrian sweet treat. However, this particular dessert is not steamed, like kharvas. Rather, the recipe uses cornflour to give it a pudding-like consistency, making the entire process more convenient. The result is a delicately sweet dish that is light, cooling and undeniably yummy.
Also Read: How To Make Piyush - A Traditional Maharashtrian Drink
How To Make Coconut Kharvas At Home | Easy Recipe For 3-Ingredient Coconut Pudding
- Cut the coconut in half and remove the white fleshy part. Cut this into smaller pieces and add them to the grinder. Blend to shred the coconut finely.
- Add around 1 and a half cups of slightly warm water to the grinder. Blend again to form a thick paste.
- Strain the paste well to extract coconut milk. If you are pressed for time, you can simply opt for store-bought coconut milk (around 500 ml).
- Add multiple tablespoons of sugar to the coconut milk. Add approximately an equal quantity of cornflour and mix thoroughly to dissolve.
- Now place the vessel with milk on a stove on low flame. Stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Once the mixture has thickened but is still lightly runny, remove it from the heat. Grease a bowl/ tin with ghee or butter and then pour the milk mixture into it.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature. Then refrigerate it for 2-3 hours and let it set.
- Turn the container upside down and carefully tap it to remove the pudding. Garnish with coarse coconut powder, cut into pieces and serve.
You can watch the complete recipe video below:
Try making this dessert soon and let us know how you like it.
Also Read: Love Maharashtrian Food? Try These 7 Easy Recipes Ready In Under 30 Minutes
About Toshita SahniToshita is fuelled by wordplay, wanderlust, wonderment and Alliteration. When she is not blissfully contemplating her next meal, she enjoys reading novels and roaming around the city.