Gone are the days for sweaters, blankets and hot beverages. Weather is undergoing a change from the chilly, winter days to the bright and sunny one. It is blissful Spring now, and in no time, we would be making way for summers, and our diet preferences would change again. We would be heading to our refrigerators to look for something chilled for a cooling respite like - ice-cream. In fact, most of us have already started hitting our favourite ice-cream parlours and stashing our freezers with a block or two of our favourite flavours. Some even go creative and try hands on preparing ice-creams at home. The recent lockdown (due to Coronavirus pandemic) is a proof! Many of us have tried replicating various classic ice-creams flavours at home, like vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.
If you haven't tried your hands at making ice-cream as yet, then it's time to get set and whip up some creamy, chilled ice cream at home. And to help you out with the same, we found a recipe that is just apt for all the first timers. Here's a no-fuss vanilla ice-cream recipe that doesn't need cream, condensed milk or anything extensive. Shared by food vlogger Parul Jain, it just includes full cream milk, custard powder, vanilla essence and sugar. Let's take a look:
How To Make Easy Vanilla Ice-cream | Quick And Easy Vanilla Ice-cream Recipe:
- Boil full cream milk on medium flame. Take 4-5 spoon milk in a bowl and keep side.
- In that bowl of milk, add custard powder and mix. If there's no custard powder around, replace it with corn flour.
- In the boiling milk, add sugar and custard powder mix and stir continuously to avoid any lump.
- When the milk thickens, switch off the flame and add vanilla essence.
- Add malai, mix everything together and transfer it to an airtight container.
- Add a plastic sheet or foil on the box before closing the lid. Now, refrigerate for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, take it out and pour the ice-cream in a blender and blend. This will help adding extra creaminess to the dish.
- Again, transfer it to the box and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
And your creamy, soft and melting-in-mouth vanilla ice-cream is all set to be relished. Have it as is or garnish with nuts, chocolate sauce or anything of your choice and indulge.
For a detailed recipe, check out this video shared by vlogger Parul on her YouTube channel 'Cook With Parul':
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.