I'm sharing a recipe for Mexican street corn on the cob that will substitute nicely for our very own 'bhutta'. What appealed to me was the ease of its preparation. The ingredients are fairly easily available and it's quick so you can tackle it between staunching leaky ceilings and defrizzing hair, it's a fool proof way to go.(Banana Chips, Lukhmi and More: Hot and Sizzling South Indian Monsoon Snacks)Mexican Style Street Corn4 corns on the cob
2 tsp lime juice
4 Tbsp mayonnaise
Salt (or garlic salt if you are feeling adventurous) to taste
A pinch of chilli powder (not too much, we don't want it over powering the dish)
50 gm feta, crumbled (preferably the unsalted variety)*
Few sprigs of corianderMethod
1. Roast the corn over the fire till done (try not to over-roast it to avoid it being too burnt)
2. Mix the lime juice and mayonnaise in a bowl and baste on the hot corn with a pastry brush. Coat properly and generously.
3. Spread crumbled cheese on a plate and roll the cobs to coat on all sides (if you prefer to sprinkle it on top, go ahead, whatever is easiest)
4. Sprinkle salt and chilli powder (you can also add chopped coriander if you wish)
5. Eat it piping hot. Ensure you have enough at hand, trust me you will want seconds.
Grab a seat near a window with a view and as the song goes "listen to the falling rain, listen to it fall."
*Traditionally the cheese used in this recipe is Cotija - a semi hard cows' milk cheese made in the hills of Michoacan, in the town of Cotija Mexico. Feta is easily available in India so I prefer to use it instead, the taste is similar.(Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy: 5 Foods to Avoid this Monsoon)
The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.