How to make Ajwain Aur Kalonji Ki Nimki
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ajwain Aur Kalonji Ki Nimki: A crisp snack bursting with the distinct flavour of kalonji (onion seeds), perfect with a hot cup of tea.
Ingredients of Ajwain Aur Kalonji Ki Nimki
- 150 Gram Wheat Flour
- 150 gram White Flour or Maida
- 2 tbsp Ajwain
- 2 tbsp Black Onion Seeds
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp Oil or Ghee
- to taste Salt
- For frying Oil
How to Make Ajwain Aur Kalonji Ki Nimki
- 1.Sieve the wheat flour, white flour, baking soda and salt together.
- 2.Add the ajwain. Mix the cumin seeds with the rest of the sieved flours.
- 3.Add the oil or ghee. Add water and start to knead the dough.
- 4.The dough should not be soft, but firm.
- 5.Take medium sized balls from the dough and roll them on dusted flour.
- 6.With a serrated knife make criss cross patterns on the rolled dough.
- 7.Remove the diamond shaped patterns and deep fry them in hot oil till crisp and golden browned.
- 8.Drain the namak pare on paper napkins to remove excess oil.
- 9.Once they cool down, then store namak pare in an airtight box.
- 10.Serve them anytime along with green chutney.
Wheat Flour, White Flour or Maida, Ajwain, Black Onion Seeds, Baking Soda
, Oil or Ghee, Salt