How to make Apple Tart
About Apple Tart Recipe: A crisp tart with cinnamon flavored sugary apples and apricot jam. A mouthful of this apple tart and you will be asking for more.
Ingredients of Apple Tart
- 175 gms puff pastry (thinly rolled into a circle 30 cm in diameter 30 g butter, cut into cubes)
- 3 green apples, peeled
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp apricot jam or marmalade
- 2 green apples (diced), peeled
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 85 gms sugar
How to Make Apple Tart
- Prepare apple filling:
- 1.Place a wide saucepan on a medium heat and put in the diced apples and with the sugar. Heat and stir until they start to break down.
- 2.You can mash them with the back of the spoon to help them along.
- 3.Keep stirring until most of the liquid has evaporated. Then turn off the heat and put in the cinnamon powder.
- 4.Continue to stir and mash the apple mixture for about a minute more, then set aside.
- Prepare the tart:
- 1.Preheat the oven to 230°C, 450°F or gas mark 8.
- 2.Take one of the peeled apples and cut off the sides without cutting into the core, which you can then throw away.
- 3.Cut the apple pieces into thin wedges and repeat this with the rest of the apples.
- 4.Place the puff pastry circle on a baking tray, and spread the apple filling evenly over its surface.
- 5.Next, layer the apple wedges in a circle carefully around the side and finish off with an arrangement in the center. Sprinkle a little sugar over the top of the tart.
- 6.Then also place on various small knobs of butter.
- 7.Place the tart into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes, and then remove.
- 8.Put the apricot jam or marmalade into a small saucepan and add 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- 9.Heat on a medium temperature and stir together until the jam liquefies. Then take off the heat.
- 10.Using a brush, paint the surface of the tart with the liquefied jam. This will give it a glazed, shiny look, and add to the flavor.
- 11.Apple tart is now ready to serve.
Key Ingredients: puff pastry (thinly rolled into a circle 30 cm in diameter 30 g butter, cut into cubes), green apples, sugar, apricot jam or marmalade, green apples (diced), cinnamon powder, sugar