Story ProgressBack to home
Avocado Hummus Recipe
The popular treat from Middle East gets even creamier with avocados, also known as butter fruit. Tip in a mix of masalas for a boost of flavour.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Avocado Hummus
- 2 cups chickpeas, boiled
- 1 avocado, peeled and destoned
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp curd
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder, for topping
- Olive oil, for topping
- Coriander leaves to garnish
How to Make Avocado HummusHideShow Media
1. In a pan, roast the sesame seeds until aromatic. Allow to cool and then ground into a powder.
2. In a food processer or blender, mix chickpeas and garlic, and pulse until smooth. You can add a little water, if you find the mixture a little dry.
3. Add the avocado, sesame powder, curd, cumin powder and salt, and blend again until smooth.
4. Transfer to a bowl, and add the lemon juice. Mix well and check seasoning.
5. Finish with a drizzling of olive oil, a sprinkling of red chilli powder and fresh coriander leaves on top. Serve with pita breads.