How to make Awadhi Gosht Korma
About Awadhi Gosht Korma Recipe: Relish a delectable mutton preparation cooked in a traditional Lucknowi dum style. Straight from the kitchens of Srinagar, comes a mouth-watering delicacy to prepare on the festivities of Ramadan. Mutton cooked in dum along with a myriad of spices and herbs, serve with sheermal or paratha for a hearty meal.
Ingredients of Awadhi Gosht Korma
- 1 Kg mutton
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- 3-4 Green cardamom
- 1 tsp whole cinnamon
- 2 Black cardamoms
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garlic (ground), fried
- 1 tsp onion (ground), fried
- 3 tbsp yogurt (beaten)
- 2 tsp gulab jal
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg-coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp saffron, soaked
- to taste salt
- Few drops of ittar
- Wheat dough (for dum)
- for garnishing fresh coriander
- for garnishing ginger, julienne
How to Make Awadhi Gosht Korma
- 1.Heat oil in a pan and add green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom and bay leaves.
- 2.Add the meat and saute till lightly fried.
- 3.Add salt and turmeric and mix well.
- 4.Pour in the water, cover the pan and cook.
- 5.When it starts boiling, add ginger- garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli, garlic paste and onion paste.
- 6.Mix well and add yogurt, gulab-jal, garam masala, nutmeg and cinnamon powder and saffron.
- 7.Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 8.Now transfer the meat in a heavy bottom pan and strain the gravy.
- 9.Add a few drops of ittar and cover the pan.
- 10.Seal it with the wheat dough and cook on slow fire.
- 11.Once done, garnish with fresh coriander and ginger juliennes and serve.
Key Ingredients: mutton, refined oil, Green cardamom, whole cinnamon, Black cardamoms, Bay leaves, turmeric powder, water, ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garlic (ground), onion (ground), yogurt (beaten), gulab jal, garam masala, nutmeg-coriander powder, saffron, salt, Few drops of ittar, Wheat dough (for dum), fresh coriander, ginger