Sonth ki Chutney (Vrat) Recipe
How to make Sonth ki Chutney (Vrat)
A tangy tamarind chutney that can turn around any meal, Sonth ki Chutney is a classic accompaniment to any snack and is just perfect during the fasting period of Navratri.
- Total Cook Time 25 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings8
Ingredients of Sonth ki Chutney (Vrat)
- 1/2 Cup Imli (tamarind, tightly packed)
- 3/4 cup Gur (jaggery, broken)
- 2 tsp Sendha namak (white rock salt)
- 1 tsp Kala namak (black rock salt), powdered
- 1 tsp Sonth ( powdered red dry ginger)
- 1/4 tsp Kali mirch (powdered black pepper)
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Chaat masala (vrat)
How to Make Sonth ki Chutney (Vrat)HideShow Media
Soak tamarind in water till soft and pulpy.
Strain and add enough water to make it into a pouring consistency.
Add rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat till it thickens.
Cool and serve.