How To Make Baked Blueberry Cheesecake
About Baked Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe: A soft, creamy and delicious cheesecake with a slightly sweet and tangy topping of dripping blueberry sauce. A killer dessert for any occasion!
Ingredients of Baked Blueberry Cheesecake
- For the base:
- 200 gms digestive biscuits
- 50 unsalted butter
- For the filling:
- 25 gms corn flour
- 200 gms castor sugar
- 600 gms cream cheese
- 1 vanilla pods split
- 2 Eggs
- 300 ml sour cream
- For the topping:
- 400 gms blueberries
- 85 gms castor sugar
- 50 ml water
- 2 tbsp corn flour
How to Make Baked Blueberry Cheesecake
- 1.Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- 2.Take the biscuits, put them in a plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
- 3.Place that in a bowl. Melt some butter, stir into the biscuits and mix well.
- 4.Press the biscuit mix into the base of a spring form cake tin. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 min and then let it cool.
- For the filling:
- 1.Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl. Add sour cream and beat well.
- 2.Mix some cornflour and sugar in a bowl and add it to the cheese mix.
- 3.Now add the seeds of vanilla pods and add eggs, one bye one. Beat it very well and pour this mix on top of the cooled base.
- Back to the cake:
- 1.Level the top with a palette knife. Cover the bottom of the cake tin with aluminum foil.
- 2.Bake the cheese cake in a water bath in an oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the temp to 140 degree Celsius and bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- 3.Switch off the oven and keep the door closed for 2 hours. Then chill the cheese cake well.
- For the blueberry filling:
- 1.Place some sugar in a saucepan. Add water and bring to boil.
- 2.When the sugar is dissolved, add the blueberries and mix them well.
- 3.Add corn flour and stir continuously. Cook for a few minutes till it becomes thick. Then let it cool.
- 4.Loosen the edge of the cheesecake, pull it out from the tin and transfer to a serving plate.
- 5.Spread the blueberries over the cheesecake and freeze it for 5 to 6 hours overnight.
- 6.Tips: For hot water bath, take a large pan containing water and place the cake tin over it and keep it in oven. This will prevent cracking and help retain the moisture of the cake. The best way to crush the biscuits is to put them inside a strong plastic food bag and bash them with a rolling pin. To removing the cheesecake, run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan and the cheesecake. Then gently release the spring form clamp on the tin.
Key Ingredients: digestive biscuits, unsalted butter, corn flour, castor sugar, cream cheese, vanilla pods split, Eggs, sour cream, blueberries, castor sugar, water, corn flour