How To Make Bareillys Aloo Moong Dal Chaat
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Bareilly’s Aloo Moong Dal Chaat Recipe: A zesty, spicy wholesome moong dal chaat that is perfect to satiate your hunger pangs!
Ingredients of Bareillys Aloo Moong Dal Chaat
- 1/2 Cup moong dal
- 1 potato
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger, sliced
- 2 small papadi
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder, roasted
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- to taste salt
- to taste red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp green chutney
- 1 tbsp sweet chutney
- for garnishing coriander leaves
How to Make Bareillys Aloo Moong Dal Chaat
- 1.Soak the dal in water for at least half an hour. Boil with some salt and turmeric powder.
- 2.Heat oil in a pan. Saute half tsp cumin seeds till they crackle. Add ginger slices and chopped green chilli, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 3.Add potato pieces, salt and red chilli powder, and sauté till semi-soft.
- 4.In a bowl, pour cooked dal, add potato mixture.
- 5.Top with crushed green chutney and sweet chutney. Add crushed papadi, chopped onion, coriander leaves, sev, chaat masala and roasted cumin powder.
- 6.Drizzle some lemon juice and serve.
Key Ingredients: moong dal, potato, Green chilli, onion, cumin seeds, ginger, papadi, cumin powder, chaat masala, salt, red chilli powder, lemon juice, green chutney, sweet chutney, coriander leaves