Story ProgressBack to home
Basil Pesto Hummus Recipe
This recipe brings together the two most popular condiments - pesto and hummus. Serve it with crisp toasts or vegetable crudites and win praises from your friends and family.
- Total Cook Time 25 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Basil Pesto Hummus
- 2 cups chickpeas, boiled
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- 1 cup of basil leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus extra for topping
- ¼ cup of Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
How to Make Basil Pesto HummusHideShow Media
1. First prepare the pesto sauce: mix basil leaves, garlic, Parmesan and pine nuts in a blender. Add the olive oil, a little at a time to emulsify, and continue blending until all the ingredients come together.
2. Add the chickpeas and salt, and blend again until smooth.
3. Transfer to a bowl, and add the lemon juice. Mix well and check seasoning. Finish with a drizzling of olive oil, a sprinkling of red chilli powder and fresh basil leaves on top. Serve with pita breads.